Thursday, February 19, 2015

February 19th: The Sun Always Shines in Brownbackistan

Q: How is Sam Brownback similar to the Clap? 

A: You don't know who gave him to you, you damned sure didn't ask for him, he hurts to even think about, and you're ashamed to even discuss him in public. 

It's ironic how closely a sexually repressed, gay hating idiot like Brownback psycho-symptomatically resembles a venereal disease.

If our old boy Sam conjures the shame and grief of chlamydia or herpes, his policies are far more syphilitic in their effects when it comes to the moral and physical well being of the state of Kansas.  Sam's just made it perfectly acceptable for GLBT employees of the state and local governments to be fired for nothing more than their particular choice of who to love, or fuck, or whatever they want to do.  How that is even constitutionally acceptable, especially in the age of DOMA's demise, is beyond me.

If you find yourself doubting that Brownstain's recent slight of the moral hand will result in any gay employees getting terminated, allow me to get a little hypothetical.  As a Kansan who's spent the majority of his employable life working for either the state, city, or school district, I can assure you that most of Kansas is populated by people with-shall we say-"anachronistic" world views.  These are people, well meaning or not, who use the word "faggot" in it's original and completely not-pleasant meaning.  These are people who still base their senses of humor largely around racial epithets, for crying out loud.  Imagine the type of person that rises to a position of management over such folk.  They tend to be a particularly high grade of asshole, just look at the governor himself for an example.  If you don't believe any of these people are capable of begging their superiors to fire Jimmy because he's a "queer that keeps starin' at my butt", or giving Linda the pink slip just because they "don't want any dykes on the payroll" (read both preceding quotes in your best stereotypical Kansas accent for full effect), then I invite you to live in a small town in the middle of Kansas for a month.  That's all the time you'll need to witness some spectacular form of ignorant hate or another.

When Alabama allows gay marriage and your state doesn't, even though it's the state that basically made the whole "Civil War" thing a struggle for fundamental human rights, then you start to realize where the whole gonorrheal shame thing comes from.  I guess none of this should come as a shock in a place known nationally as the home of the sociopathic Phelps family sect and the equally sociopathic and piratical Koch brothers.  It just hurts as a born and bred Kansan to have to say, in all honesty, that you are ashamed of your state.

Look at that smug, evil fool.
 

And I am ashamed, oh yes.  I voted for Davis last November, even while he was being ripped to pieces in political ads for going to a strip club once.  When I stepped away from the polls and then watched them on election night, I felt my heart sink into a new, ever more profound place of darkness.  It was almost worse than when Bush was reelected in '04.  I didn't cry this time.  I had the opportunity to cast my vote against the vile scumbag Brownback and his retinue of some of the worst so-called human beings who've walked this planet (here's looking at you, Kobach).  My outrage was such a defined thing because I thought that Brownback's incredibly imbecilic botching of his first term would be evidence enough to oust him.  Clearly it wasn't.  I sat in an almost blind rage, trying to figure out how anyone could've overlooked such monumental ineptitude, and then I remembered; "oh yeah!  I live in Kansas!"

Everyday is a struggle now to not allow myself to slide into complete cynicism and laugh while I watch the great ship Kansas sink with every soul who'd elected the captain still on board.  I have to remember the children, the mentally ill, the poor, and the GLBT community who are basically being punched in the face daily by the biggest asshole I've ever seen or heard of.  Because of that, I am in a state of constant, simmering rage.  One day an aneurism will take me and I'll be free at last, or I'll move to Colorado or Oregon and just forget that I ever lived in such a stupid, fucking place like Kansas.

To end on something of a positive note, I put my electronic signature on the petition to oust this dick and his cohorts.  I urge you to do the same if you're reading this and you're just as incensed as I am while writing it.  The link is right here: http://www.petitions.moveon.org/sign/recall-sam-brownback/
While it doesn't seem like much, it's at least somewhat encouraging to know that 35,000 people and counting can't stand the guy. 

From the typesetting desk,
     Goodnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment